Blogging has been around for awhile now, and still – companies are trying to decide if they need to get in on the action. I get asked the question all the time, “How is blogging going to help me and my business? It seems like a waste of time.”
Sitting down with clients and finding out their objectives on using Social Media and / or blogging, and developing a strategy can help determine whether or not you even need to participate in the the blogisphere .
Here are a few considerations from Jeff Bullas to help in your decision process:
- It helps your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as Google loves new content!
- You can engage and understand your customers better.
- You are seen as an expert in your field, a ” Thought Leader”
- Great new content gives people a reason to keep coming back to your site.
- Blogs are a much more trusted source than companies press releases and official company PR.
- It moves customers to a conversion point where enough trust is created for people to take the next step and buy.
- By writing you are learning.
Note: Most importantly it helps you improve your rank on search engines and assists in getting found, when people enter those important key words in Google. (That’s also another reason to be on Google+ since it’s owned by Google)
Here is a short video I put together on a few blogging tips.
If you have any more questions in relation to blogging or social media, post them below, or send them to me. I don’t mind at’tall.